Talking about the baby
• How was the visit to the pregnant woman?
• Have you been able to talk to her about what we have seen/learned up to now?
• Is there any doubt that could be now clarified?
• Is there any message, prayer, or bible quotation celebrating the gift of life and the actions we have performed to our next, to the pregnant women and to their families? A suggestion is:
“And then he said to them, 'Anyone who welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me, welcomes the One who sent me. The least among you all is the one who is the greatest.'” Luk 9:48
The pregnant woman in the fourth, the fifth and the sixth pregnancy months
1. What do the pregnant women of their community most like to know in this stage?
2. Do the pregnant women in their community receive the Pregnant Woman’s Card after they do the Prenatal check?
Alinhada à esquerda - vertical
The baby moves even more in the womb. In the end of the fourth month he/she is about 10 to 20 centimetres high and weights approximately 220 grams.
In the fifth month, the baby sucks the fingers and makes faces. Opens and closes the eyes and moves the hands and feet. In this month the baby grows a lot and may reach the 25 centimetres and weigh up to 500 grams.
In the sixth month, the hearing, the smell, the touch and the taste senses develop in the baby. The sight is the last of the senses to develop. The baby already reacts to the external stimulus such as to light and to music and also perceives the physical noises of the mother such as the beat of her heart.
The baby reacts to other voices besides the voice of the mother. The parents may pray and sing close to the baby. If they have other kids it is good to encourage them to talk to the little brother/sister and cuddle the belly of the mother. This increases the link between the family and the baby.
- Next >>